Close Menu
Orlando Family Law Attorneys
Same-Day Consultations Available Orlando 407-603-3703 / Tampa 813-314-7152

Orlando Child Relocation Attorneys

After a divorce, or in a case involving unmarried parents, a parent may want to relocate. The motivation may be a job opportunity, a family need, a relationship or another reason.

In some Florida family law cases, relocation becomes an issue when one parent wants to move more than 50 miles away — whether in-state or out-of-state — and bring a child or children along. This type of relocation must be approved by a court and signed off on by a judge.

Guidance And Representation When You Or The Other Parent Wishes To Move

In deciding whether to approve a relocation, a court usually uses the “best interest of the child” standard. That means that a judge will evaluate whether the move may benefit the child in ways that could include better housing or a better education.

If you are a parent who wants to relocate, or your child’s other parent is planning or proposing a move, you may need a Orlando child relocation attorney. It is important to understand how the law applies to your custody and time sharing concerns. You may be thinking:

  • How do I modify an existing court order so I can relocate?
  • Do I have to petition a court if my child’s other parent is OK with me moving?
  • What if I don’t want my son’s or daughter’s other parent to move?
  • Will relocation affect child support payments or spousal maintenance?
  • Can we figure this out through mediation?

Contact Us | We Can Answer Your Questions About Custody And Moving

Questions about a parent moving out of state or to another city? Talk to an Orlando custody relocation attorney at Hancock & Associates, P.A.. Contact us to get them answered by an experienced lawyer.

Share This Page:

Contact our offices

Follow Us On:

© 2016 - 2017 Hancock & Associates, P.A. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.