Dealing With the Physical and Emotional Impacts of Divorce
Going through the breakup of a marriage can have a significant impact on your physical and emotional health. It is natural to feel overwhelmed by the stress of the situation and at the thought of the changes it will bring about in your life.
This is where our experienced divorce attorneys can be your most valuable ally. We can help guide you through the practical considerations that must be dealt with, while providing legal protection at a time when you are most vulnerable. The following outlines some of the ways in which going through a divorce can threaten your health, as well as how our attorneys can help you through this process.
How Divorce Can Impact Your Health
While every divorce is as different as the two parties involved, even the most amicable of breakups is likely to bring up feelings of grief, loss, or fear of the future. Acknowledging your feelings, being gentle with yourself during this time, and realizing you are not alone is important. One source advises that the following are some of the physical and emotional impacts commonly experienced by people going through a divorce:
- Anxiety: Divorce is one of the most stress producing life events a person can experience, and may manifest as loss of concentration, sleep disorders, increased irritability or depression.
- Weight Fluctuations: Food consumption is often directly related to stress. You may experience a loss of appetite or find yourself using sweets or snacks as a way of comforting yourself or dealing with emotions.
- Metabolic Syndrome: This is when you have several underlying health concerns, such as high pressure, high blood sugar, excess belly fat, and high cholesterol and is often a by-product of stress. It can increase your risks for heart attack, stroke, and diabetes.
- Substance Abuse: In the aftermath of a breakup, it is not uncommon for alcohol consumption to increase to unhealthy levels, or to over rely on sleeping pills or anti-anxiety to deal with your symptoms.
How Our Attorneys Can Help
While there is little you can do to avoid the emotional fall out of a divorce, having a strong support system in place can help you deal more effectively with the situation. In addition to finding support among family and friends, your divorce attorney can be a significant help during this time.
Our experience guides us in providing compassionate, caring service to address your needs and concerns, while our knowledge of the Florida State Statutes ensures your legal rights and interests are protected. We can help guide you through the serious issues that are pertinent to your case, including:
- Division of Marital Property;
- Parenting Plans;
- Child Support.
Reach Out to Us Today for Help
If you are going through a separation or are considering filing for divorce, contact Hancock & Associates, P.A. today. Our Florida divorce attorney acts as a strong legal advocate on your behalf, providing the professional representation you need to ensure the best possible outcome in your particular case.